Friday, February 17, 2012

Packet Track

Well today I took one step forward and one step backward. The good news is that I was able to work the packet node KC3MN packet node in Scranton, PA from here in Wilkes Barre. Running 10W to a 5/8 wave on 2 meters allowed a connection to the PBBS but I was unable to work it as a Digipeater. I left a message for the Sysop and hopefully I will get a message in return. In the mean time I will continue to beacon and listen at both 1200 baud and 9600 baud on 145.010 MHz to see if I can't drum up some business, at least during the day when the wife is at work.

On the backwards step, N1ZZZ-9 APRS mobile station is down for a few days when the center pin of my UHF to SMA adapter broke off. Since that particular adapter isn't a locally stocked part, I had to order it off the Internet. I think this is strange as most H-t's tend to have SMA connectors over the more commonly available BNC cables.

Now I just have to get the club to work on getting the local club node up and running. I am hoping the article on packet that I'm writing will get at least a few people interested. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment